Series 415 Side Fusion Tapping Saddle Submittal
The female tapping saddle is a barbed, mechanical design which is hydraulically compressed into the polyethylene or pipe quality copolymer material. A stainless steel compression ring is added to ensure maximum pullout strength. This low-profile heavy-duty design allows the corporation stops or valves a secure connection to the outside wall of the HDPE pipe. The tapping saddle can be installed with standard side fusion equipment.
The female threaded coupling outlet is pressed into various base pipe sizes ranging from 1.5”-4” and the base can be machined to the radius needed for the main size for fusing to the main at the jobsite.
- Branch outlet sizes .5″-2″ NPT or CC thread (AWWA thread)
- Main size 2″-64″ diameters
- Base size available 1.5″, 2″, 3″ or 4″ pivot head
- Full Pressure Rated 335 PSI
- All National Pipe Threads are made to ANSI/ASME B1.20.1 – 2013.
The transition fitting is designed to handle the pressure rating of the HDPE pipe with a 2:1 safety factor at 73.40 degrees Fahrenheit with a minimum 50 year design life.
The transition fitting shall be manufactured by Poly-Cam, Inc. Poly-Cam, Inc. shall provide quality assurance with regards to proper installation, compatibility, performance, and acceptance.
- Meets ASTM D1598, D1599, and AWWA C906
- All fittings meet ARRA requirements.
- Manufactured in the United States of America.
- Meets NSF 61, listing PM13569
HDPE Side Fusion: We recommend installing the tapping saddle fitting using the procedures listed in the Poly-Cam document “415 Series Fusion Installation Guidelines”. The tapping saddle can be installed with standard side fusion equipment following field sidewall weld procedures found in PPI TR-41 and ASTM F2620.
Threaded Fitting: When installing the transition fitting:
- Always use pipe joint sealant or Teflon tape.
- Always use strap wrenches.
- Do not use a pipe wrench.
- Always use 2 wrenches when connecting.
- Over tightening may cause ovality or damage.
- Always pressure test for leaks before backfilling.
- Backfill and compact carefully around transition and service line to prevent ground shifts which could damage the valve and/or transition fitting.
- Manufactured of C954 grade Aluminum Bronze (Lead Free material this complies with California AB1953, SB1334, and SB1935), Type 304 or Type 316 (ASTM A249 or ASTM A269) Stainless Steel
- HDPE Branch Saddle PE 4710 ASTM D3350 (Black) Cell Classification PE445574C
- Stainless compression ring uses 304 or 316 stainless steel
- All certifications will be submitted upon request.
Warranty period is one year after date of substantial completion of installation.