Testing of the POLY-CAM® Barb System for quality assurance in polyethylene pipe based systems has been successfully performed to satisfy all requirements for Industrial, Municipal, Potable Water, and Gas distributions piping systems. A variety of ASTM standardized tests, AWWA tests, and special tests have been performed on POLY-CAM, Inc. standard products.
The following test results will confirm the pull out resistance and excellent performance of the POLY-CAM line of products under various thermal conditions.
Hydro-static Pressure Test
ASTM D2513, D1599, D1598, F-714
- Hydro-static test at 80 °C (176 °F.) Hoop stress in pipe of 670 PSI and a minimum test time of 170 hours.
- The 2” Poly-Cam standard coupling and the 4” Poly-Cam II have been tested for 2180 hours. The test was terminated without failure.
- The Poly-Cam standard 2” coupling has been tested at 23 °C (73 °F). Hoop stress in the pipe of 1600 PSI and a minimum test time of 1000 hours. The test was terminated after 2000 hours.
- The Poly-Cam standard 4” and 6” coupling was tested to ASTM F-714 under elevated temperatures of 80 °C (176 °F) with an internal pressure of 145 PSI and a pipe wall stress of 725 PSI. The test was terminated at 336 hours without failure.
- The 2” Poly-Cam standard couplings have been tested for pull-out resistance at low temperatures of 20 °F through -40 °F.
- The 2” SDR11 polyethylene pipe failed at pull-out forces in excess of 6000 lb. which is above the safe pull strength allowed by the pipe manufacturers’ recommended maximum pull strength for pipe.
Poly-Cam products must pass very stringent dimensional quality requirements. All pups supplied with Poly-Cam products are AWWA C901/C906 approved products from reputable plastics manufacturers and have passed the testing required by AWWA.