Series 867 ID Controlled Weld-On Flange Submittal
ID Controlled Flange Transition Fitting
The Poly-Cam ID-Controlled Flange Transition is a restraining, multi-level barbed transition fitting. This design allows a non-reducing, smoothbore transition between the HDPE and steel pipe. It is hydraulically compressed into the polyethylene or pipe quality copolymer material.
The Poly-Cam ID-Controlled Flange transition is designed to provide a smooth, interior transition between the steel pipe and the polyethylene pipe. The connection between the steel fitting and the polyethylene pipe is accomplished with a multi-level barb system and a compression ring supporting the connection. The multi-level barb system provides the sealing connection between the steel and the polyethylene pipe. The interior of the fitting contains no sharp edges in which pipeline cleaning pigs can be caught or damaged. The weld-on is coated with an epoxy coating. The compression ring is constructed out of carbon steel material and coated with an epoxy-coated material.
- Tested and complies to ASTM D2513 Category 1, ASTM 1973-05, D1599, D1598
- Sizes range from .5” to 24” in both Carbon, 304, and 316 stainless steel pipes.
- Flange dimensions to ANSI B16.5. Available in standard pound rating: 150, 300, and 600. Raised and smooth face designs available upon request.
The transition fitting is designed to handle the pressure rating of the HDPE pipe with a 2:1 safety factor at 73.40 degrees Fahrenheit with a minimum 50 year design life.
The transition fitting shall be manufactured by Poly-Cam, Inc. Poly-Cam, Inc. shall provide quality assurance with regards to proper installation, compatibility, performance, and acceptance. Transition joint meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM D2513 Category 1.
HDPE pipe end: Install transition fitting so as to comply with the pipe manufacturer’s recommended procedures. All field welds shall be accomplished in accordance with Plastic Pipe Institute’s welding procedure for butt fusion.
High-Density Polyethylene: HDPE pipe
- Meets ASTM D-3350 with minimum cell classification values of 345464C (PE 3408), PE445574C (PE 4710)
- Meets ASTM F714.
- Density shall be no less than 0.955 g/cm as referenced in ASTM D1505
- Melt index no greater than 0.15 g/10 minutes when tested per ASTM D 1238
- Tensile Strength at Yield –tensile shall be 3,200 psi to less than 3,500 psi as referenced in ASTM D638
- ESCR-Environmental Stress Crack Resistance shall be over 5,000 hours with zero failures when tested per ASTM D 1693-Condition C
- All pipe meets ASTM 3035.
- All certifications will be submitted upon request.
Steel Fitting: Manufactured of Carbon Steel (A53 or A106 grade), Type 304, Type 316 (ASTM A249 or ASTM A269), or ERW pipe (ASTM SA-312). All certification will be submitted upon request.
Epoxy Coating: The carbon steel sleeve shall be coated with an epoxy coating. The epoxy coating (3M™ Scotchkote™ Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coating 6233) is fusion bonded to the metal. It has approvals AWWA C213 and C550.
Compression Ring – The compression rings are manufactured out of 304/316 stainless steel tubing (ASTM A249 or ASTM A269), epoxy-coated carbon steel, or ERW pipe (ASTM SA-312).
Warranty period is five year after date of substantial completion of installation.