Series 573 Electrofusion Branch Saddle with Flange Submittal
Electrofusion Branch Saddle with Flange
The transition fitting consists of a two-piece construction. The electrofusion branch saddle and the fitting are joined together by hydraulically pressing the fitting onto the HDPE electrofusion branch saddle. The steel fitting portion of the transition fitting is machined with a multi-level barb system that provides a leak-free radial compressed joint.
Relaxation of the pipe creates a seal to prevent leakage. Under pressure, the internal pressure within the pipe increases the sealing surface area on the barb. Under zero internal pressure, the compression and tension strain created by the compression of the multi-level barbs are greater than the stress created by relaxation and/or thermal expansion and contraction. As the internal pressure increases, the connection between the pipe material and transition fitting increases.
- Sizes range from 1.25” to 18”
- Flange dimensions to ANSI B16.5. Available in standard pound rating: 150, 300, and 600.
The transition fitting is designed to handle the pressure rating of the HDPE pipe with a 2:1 safety factor at 73.40 degrees Fahrenheit with a minimum 50-year design life.
The transition fitting shall be manufactured by Poly-Cam, Inc. Poly-Cam, Inc. shall provide quality assurance with regards to proper installation, compatibility, performance, and acceptance. The transition joint meets or exceeds the requirements of:
- ASTM 1598 and ASTM 1599
- All Fittings meet ARRA requirements.
Electrofusion Branch Saddle: Use the electrofusion manufacturer’s guidelines to install the fitting on the main pipe.
Steel Fitting: The entrance of the coupling is tapered at the beginning. The polyethylene or copolymer material is pressed into the coupling. This allows the material to relax into the multi-level barb system.
- Manufactured of carbon steel (A53 or A106 grade), Type 304, Type 316 (ASTM A249 or ASTM A269) and/or ERW pipe (ASTM SA-312)
- For carbon steel, the epoxy coating (IF 194T Red Iron Oxide) is fusion bonded to the metal. FDA 175.300, AWWA C116-01, C213-01, UL 262, and FM 1120/1130.
High-Density Polyethylene: HDPE pipe
- Meets ASTM D-3350 with minimum cell classification values of 345464C (PE 3408), PE445574C (PE 4710)
- Meets ASTM F714.
- Density shall be no less than 0.955 g/cm as referenced in ASTM D1505
- Melt index no greater than 0.15 g/10 minutes when tested per ASTM D 1238
- Tensile Strength at Yield –tensile shall be 3,200 psi to less than 3,500 psi as referenced in ASTM D638
- ESCR-Environmental Stress Crack Resistance shall be over 5,000 hours with zero failures when tested per ASTM D 1693-Condition C
- All pipe meets ASTM 3035.
- All certifications will be submitted upon request.
The warranty period is one year after the date of substantial completion of installation.