Series 724 Socket Transition with Female NPT Submittal
Socket Fusion Female Threaded Transitions
Poly-Cam’s HDPE socket fusion female threaded transition fitting is a machined barbed transition fitting which is hydraulically compressed into the polyethylene socket fusion coupling. A stainless steel compression ring is installed to increase the pullout resistance.
- Sizes range from 0.5” to 2” NPT.
- All National Pipe Threads are made to ANSI/ASME B1.20.1 – 2013.
The transition fitting is designed to handle the pressure rating of the HDPE pipe with a 2:1 safety factor at 73.40 degrees Fahrenheit with a minimum 50-year design life.
The transition fitting shall be manufactured by Poly-Cam, Inc. Poly-Cam, Inc. shall provide quality assurance with regards to proper installation, compatibility, performance, and acceptance. The transition joint meets or exceeds the requirements of:
- ASTM 1598 and ASTM 1599
- All Fittings meet ARRA requirements.
HDPE socket end: Install transition fitting in accordance to ASTM F2620: Standard Practice for Heat Fusion Joining of Polyethylene Pipe and Fittings.
Threaded Fitting: When installing the transition fitting:
- Always use pipe joint sealant or Teflon tape.
- Always use strap wrenches.
- Do not use a pipe wrench.
- Always use 2 wrenches when connecting.
- Over tightening may cause ovality or damage.
- Always pressure test for leaks before backfilling.
- Backfill and compact carefully around transition and service line to prevent ground shifts which could damage the valve and/or transition fitting.
- Manufactured of Type 304 Stainless Steel, Type 316 Stainless Steel (ASTM A249 or ASTM A269), or C954 grade Aluminum Bronze (lead-free material).
High-Density Polyethylene: HDPE pipe
- Meets ASTM D-3350 with minimum cell classification values of 345464C (PE 3408), PE445574C (PE 4710)
- Meets ASTM F714.
- Density shall be no less than 0.955 g/cm as referenced in ASTM D1505
- Melt index no greater than 0.15 g/10 minutes when tested per ASTM D 1238
- Tensile Strength at Yield –tensile shall be 3,200 psi to less than 3,500 psi as referenced in ASTM D638
- ESCR-Environmental Stress Crack Resistance shall be over 5,000 hours with zero failures when tested per ASTM D 1693-Condition C
- All pipe meets ASTM 3035.
- All certifications will be submitted upon request.
The warranty period is one year after the date of substantial completion of installation.