Series 730 Transition for PVC/HDPE PVC IPS Sch. 40/80 Submittal
HDPE Pipe x PVC Pipe Transition Fitting
The transition fitting is constructed out of PVC material and high-density polyethylene (HDPE) PE 4710 pipe. The fitting sleeve that joins the piping can be manufactured from epoxy-coated carbon steel or 304/316 stainless steel. The PVC and HDPE piping materials are hydraulically pressed into the machined coupling. The transition fitting is designed with our multi-level barb system that provides a leak-free radial compressed joint.
The transition fitting shall be manufactured by Poly-Cam, Inc. Poly-Cam, Inc. shall provide quality assurance with regards to proper installation, compatibility, performance, and acceptance.
High-Density Polyethylene: HDPE pipe
- Meets ASTM D-3350 with minimum cell classification values of 345464C (PE 3408), PE445574C (PE 4710)
- Meets ASTM F714.
- Density shall be no less than 0.955 g/cm as referenced in ASTM D1505
- Melt index no greater than 0.15 g/10 minutes when tested per ASTM D 1238
- Tensile Strength at Yield –tensile shall be 3,200 psi to less than 3,500 psi as referenced in ASTM D638
- ESCR-Environmental Stress Crack Resistance shall be over 5,000 hours with zero failures when tested per ASTM D 1693-Condition C
- All pipe meets ASTM D3035 and ASTM F714
- All certifications will be submitted upon request.
- Manufactured of Carbon Steel (A53 grade), Type 304, or Type 316 (ASTM A249 or ASTM A269) and/or ERW pipe (ASTM SA-312)
Epoxy Coating. The carbon steel sleeve shall be coated with an epoxy primer. This coating is manufactured by Diamond Vogel and the product name is PLX5215-03 Red Oxide. It exhibits inherent toughness, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, flexibility, and adhesion and abrasion resistance. This epoxy is great for buried applications. The epoxy shall be installed by an electrostatic spray application.
- Manufactured from a short section of PVC pressure pipe as described in ASTM D-1785.
- Type 1, Grade 1 compound, Cell Classification 12454-B per ASTM D-1784.
- Fully pressure rated.
HDPE pipe end
Install transition fitting to comply with the pipe manufacturer’s recommended procedures. All field welds shall be accomplished per Plastic Pipe Institute’s welding procedure for butt fusion or electrofusion. Reference ASTM F2620 and ASTM D 2657.
PVC pipe end
Install the PVC coupling to comply with the pipe manufacturer’s recommended procedures for solvent cement.
- Utilize solvent cement that meets ASTM D-2564.
- Reference ASTM D2855 for two-step installation instructions for pressure applications.
The warranty period is one year after the date of substantial completion of installation.