Series 1010 PP-R with Cut Groove Submittal
The Poly-Cam Groove Transition is a multi-level mechanical transition fitting. The polyethylene or pipe-quality copolymer material are hydraulically compressed into the transition fitting.
Relaxation of the pipe creates a seal to prevent leakage. Under pressure, the internal pressure within the pipe increases the sealing surface area on the barb. Under zero internal pressure, the compression and tensional strain created by the compression of the multi-level barbs are greater than the stress created by relaxation and/or thermal expansion and contraction. As the internal pressure increases, the connection between the pipe material and transition fitting increases.
- Sizes range from 0.75” to 24” Iron Pipe Sizes.
- Grooves are cut to standard cut groove specification.
The transition fitting is designed to handle the pressure rating of the HDPE pipe with a 2:1 safety factor at 73.40 degrees Fahrenheit with a minimum 50-year design life.
The transition fitting shall be manufactured by Poly-Cam, Inc. Poly-Cam, Inc. shall provide quality assurance with regards to proper installation, compatibility, performance, and acceptance. The transition joint meets or exceeds the requirements of:
- ASTM 1598 and ASTM 1599
- All Fittings meet ARRA requirements.
PP-R pipe end: Install transition fitting to comply with the pipe manufacturer’s recommended procedures. All field welds shall be completed per Plastic Pipe Institute’s welding procedure for butt fusion.
Steel Fitting: The entrance of the coupling is tapered at the beginning. The polyethylene or copolymer material is cold pressed into the coupling. This allows the material to relax into the multi-level barb system.
- Manufactured of Carbon Steel (A53 or A106 grade), Type 304, or Type 316 (ASTM A249 or ASTM A269) and or ERW pipe (ASTM SA-312)
- For carbon steel, the epoxy coating (IF 194T Red Iron Oxide) is fusion bonded to the metal. Meets NSF 61, FDA 175.300, AWWA C116-01,C213-01, UL 262 and FM 1120/1130
Polypropylene: PPR pipe
- PP-R pipe conforms to ASTM F2389 and CSA B137.11.
Stainless Steel insert: The insert is manufactured out 304 stainless steel tubing (ASTM A249 or ASTM A269) or ERW pipe (ASTM SA-312).
The warranty period is one year after the date of substantial completion of installation.