Series 821 Straight Riser with Male NPT Submittal
The POLY-CAM Threaded Transition is a multi-level mechanical transition fitting. The polyethylene or pipe-quality copolymer material are hydraulically compressed into the transition fitting.
Relaxation of the pipe creates a seal to prevent leakage. Under pressure, the internal pressure within the pipe increases the sealing surface area on the barb. Under zero internal pressure, the compression and tensional strain created by the compression of the multi-level barbs are greater than the stress created by relaxation and/or thermal expansion and contraction. As the internal pressure increases, the connection between the pipe material and transition fitting increases. A stainless-steel insert is installed to reinforce the connection. This design meets ASTM D2513, Category 1.
- Sizes range from 1” to 8” Iron Pipe Size. Available in 12”, 24”, and 36” long steel riser length.
- All National Pipe Threads are made to ANSI/ASME B1.20.1 – 2013.
The transition fitting is designed to handle the pressure rating of the HDPE pipe with a 2:1 safety factor at 73.40 degrees Fahrenheit with a minimum 50-year design life.
The transition fitting shall be manufactured by Poly-Cam, Inc. Poly-Cam, Inc. shall provide quality assurance with regards to proper installation, compatibility, performance, and acceptance. The transition joint meets or exceeds the requirements of:
- ASTM D2513 Category 1
- ARRA requirements
- ASTM F2897: Tracking and Traceability Encoding System
HDPE pipe end: Install transition fitting to comply with the pipe manufacturer’s recommended procedures. All field welds shall be completed per Plastic Pipe Institute’s welding procedure for butt fusion.
Threaded Fitting: When installing the transition fitting:
- Always use pipe joint sealant or Teflon tape.
- Always use strap wrenches.
- Do not use a pipe wrench.
- Always use 2 wrenches when connecting.
- Over tightening may cause ovality or damage.
- Always pressure test for leaks before backfilling.
- Backfill and compact carefully around transition and service line to prevent ground shifts which could damage the valve and/or transition fitting.
- Manufactured of Carbon Steel (A53 or A106 grade), Type 304 or Type 316 Stainless Steel (ASTM A249 or ASTM A269), or ERW pipe (ASTM SA-312).
- For carbon steel, the epoxy coating (IF 194T Red Iron Oxide) is fusion bonded to the metal. Meets NSF 61, FDA 175.300, AWWA C116-01,C213-01, UL 262 and FM 1120/1130
High-Density Polyethylene: HDPE pipe
- Incorporated with the fitting is HDPE PE2406/2708 (PE234373E and PE234375E), PE 3408/3608(cell class 345464C), PE4710 (PE445574C), or pipe quality copolymer material.
- All pipe meets ASTM 3035 and ASTM 2513.
Stainless Steel insert: The insert is manufactured out 304 stainless steel tubing (ASTM A249 or ASTM A269) or ERW pipe (ASTM SA-312).
The warranty period is one year after the date of substantial completion of installation.