Series 834 Straight/Anodeless Riser with Flange End Submittal
Straight/Anodeless Flange Service Riser Transitions
The Poly-Cam Straight/Anodeless Flange Service Riser is a multi-level mechanical transition fitting. The polyethylene or pipe-quality copolymer material are hydraulically compressed into the transition fitting.
Relaxation of the pipe creates a seal to prevent leakage. Under pressure, the internal pressure within the pipe increases the sealing surface area on the barb. Under zero internal pressure, the compression and tensional strain created by the compression of the multi-level barbs are greater than the stress created by relaxation and/or thermal expansion and contraction. As the internal pressure increases, the connection between the pipe material and transition fitting increases. A stainless-steel insert is installed to reinforce the connection. This design meets ASTM D2513, Category 1. The fitting is designed to be suitable for service riser applications for natural gas services.
- Sizes range from 1” to 12” Iron Pipe Size.
- Flange dimensions to ANSI B16.5. Available in standard pound rating: 150, 300, and 600.
- Designed for commercial and residential services.
The transition fitting is designed to handle the pressure rating of the HDPE pipe with a 2:1 safety factor at 73.40 degrees Fahrenheit with a minimum 50-year design life.
The transition fitting shall be manufactured by Poly-Cam, Inc. Poly-Cam, Inc. shall provide quality assurance with regards to proper installation, compatibility, performance, and acceptance. The transition joint meets or exceeds the requirements of:
- ASTM D2513 Category 1
- ARRA requirements
- DOT 192
- ASTM F1973
- ASTM F2897: Tracking and Traceability Encoding System
HDPE pipe end: Install transition fitting to comply with the pipe manufacturer’s recommended procedures. All field welds shall be completed per Plastic Pipe Institute’s welding procedure for butt fusion.
Flange Fitting: The flange connection is manufactured to ANSI B16.5 and ASME B 16.47. Use the proper torque tighter bolts, lubrication, and tightening sequences to install the flange. The product should be installed according to ASME B31.3 guidelines and/or the pipefitters’ handbook.
- Manufactured of Carbon Steel (A53 or A106 grade), Type 304, or Type 316 (ASTM A249 or ASTM A269), and or ERW pipe (ASTM SA-312)
- For carbon steel, the epoxy coating (IF 194T Red Iron Oxide) is fusion bonded to the metal. Meets NSF 61, FDA 175.300, AWWA C116-01,C213-01, UL 262 and FM 1120/1130
High-Density Polyethylene: HDPE pipe
- Incorporated with the fitting is MDPE PE2406/2708 (PE234373E and PE234375E), PE 3408/3608(cell class 345464C), PE4710 (PE445574C), or pipe quality copolymer material.
- All pipe meets ASTM 3035 and ASTM 2513.
Stainless Steel insert: The insert is manufactured out of 304 or 316 stainless steel tubing (ASTM A249 or ASTM A269).
The warranty period is one year after the date of substantial completion of installation.